Thursday, October 22, 2009

smART Word Challenge Oct. - FALL

If you've been following along on my blog you might have already heard that the smARTworks Design Team launched a new challenge blog called the smART Word Challenge blog. Each month there will be one word to be used as inspiration in creating. Once you have a card, just go to the original word post and link your card up with Mr. Linky! This month's word is "FALL" and here is my card. I started out by stamping these awesome leaves onto a piece of white cardstock. Then, using my newly purchased refills and an aqua painter I added various colors all over the page until I got the colors the way I liked them. Next, I stamped and cut out more leaves and colored them in with more colors. I then created my own text paper...it was easy, I just downloaded a bit of Wuthering Heights from an e-book, adjusted the text and color (brown) to what I wanted, and then printed it off. I adhered the leaves and tag with dimensionals. Finally, I adhered all this onto a Chocolate Chip card base and finished off the card with some home-made photo corners. I love all these colors in this card. Some of my favorite colors to use when creating!! You still have time to add your card in for the prizes that are up for grabs. Just create a card based on the smART Word FALL??? Why not??!! Get going !! We'd love to have you join us. For more details, check out the smART Word Challenge Blog. Hope you are having a great FALL (actually, we moved directly from Summer into Winter....as we have already had lots of snow!! sheesh!!). Supplies: Stamps - FL-26 (leaves), WD-54 (partial sentiment) (both from smARTworks); Paper - Chocolate Chip, Whisper White (Stampin Up!) home-made text paper; Ink - Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie (Stampin' Up!); Other - oval, scallop oval, and tag trio nestabilities (Spellbinders), aqua painter, printer, sponge, brown hemp, dimensionals. Thanks for dropping in. I'm off to see all the FALL entries. Donelda

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Love how you captured the glow of fall colors! I saw your card and instantly thought of the glowing trees in my neighborhood right now! Beautiful job, Donelda!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous background, Donelda! The colors you chose are perfect autumn hues and the CAS sketch allows them to shine!!

I played along in this challenge, too!

Juanita said...

Very seasonal. Great job.