Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Susan!!

Today is Susan Trask's Birthday - she is the owner of smARTworks stamps, a great little rubber stamp company that I happen to know *wink, wink*. Dina, our Design Team Leader, was on the ball and asked us to all create birthday cards for Susan to mail to her and post on her special day! This is exactly why Dina is our "leader" - she is good at getting us together!! Here is the card I created. It is not very original as many of you probably saw this one done by Jennifer McGuire. When I saw it I knew I
wanted to try out my Copic markers using one of the many great butterfly images by smARTworks. Unfortunately, I am rather limited in the Copics that I own (only 22 at this time) so I had to be rather creative at getting the rainbow effect! And I never use so much bling on one card...but for Susan, I went all out!! Supplies: Stamps-BF-04 Sm Trio, WD-183 Great B-day (both smARTworks); Paper - Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Ink - Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukinek0); Other - alcohol markers (Copic), rhinstones (various sizes from Dollar store), corner rounder. Make sure you stop in to see the birthday cards that the other Design Team members created too!! Dina, Donna, Giovana, Trish, Peggy (on Dina's). And don't forget about our October Challege over on the smART Word Challenge blog - this month's inspiration word is FALL - prizes are up for grabs for cards posted by Oct 27th :-) I hope you enjoy your day Susan!! Donelda

5 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Totally fab card! Love all the bling and the spectrum coloring. You ROCK!

Donna said...

I just love the coloring on this, Donelda...I think I'm going to have to CASE this idea!

Juanita said...

What great rainbow butterflies. Love the simplicity of this.

Jessica G. said...

Happy Birthday to Susan! I'm sure she will love these beautiful butterlies; their wonderful colors are so striking against the clean white background!!

Susan T. said...

Your card actually arrived a week or so early, and on a very sad day, so it meant a great deal. Happy, upbeat, and colorful, it really brightened my day! Thanks so much.