Thursday, October 8, 2009

One Layer Cards - Rub Ons

So yesterday I showed you a one layer card made by masking. Today, another one layer card but this time, I used rub-ons to help me out. This was a super simple card, thanks to the beautiful rub on by K&Co. I simply took a vanilla card base, adhered the rub on to the bottom and then stamped on the birthday sentiment. A bit of sponging around the edges for a little dimension. Supplies: Stamps - Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Walnut Stain (Ranger); Paper - Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up!); Other - rub on (K&Co.), sponge applicator (Ranger). Any of you inspired to try a one layer card yet?... if so link it up in your comment so I can have a peak!!! Have a great day!! Donelda

6 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

GREAT design, Donelda! Also, great sponging...very smooth and subtle.

Juanita said...

It would have been bautiful just with the sentiment and rub-on, but that sponging does help step it up a little bit.

Jessica G. said...

That's an impressive rub-on and I'm even more impressed that you adhered the whole thing without any tears like I would have! Very elegant card, Donelda!!

Chris (catt871) said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!!! LOVE this card sooo much!!!!

Joy Jenkins said...

Yes, I'm inspired!! I love this card!! Great job, Donelda.

Steph said...

Ohhhh, I love this card! I have that rub-on too. Guess what I am going to do with it?