Monday, October 5, 2009

Verigated Color Blocks

I little while back I saw an awesome card created by Donna, one of my fellow Design Team members form smARTworks HERE. I loved her veragated images and was determined to try my own. I pulled out this old Stampin` Up! set and got to work. I stamped the 3 images and cut them out. Then, I picked 3 colors of Copic markers and colored each image one of the colors being sure to use more color on the bottome than the top. Then, I took the Blender Pen - which doesn`t blend at all, it actually removes color - and colored it from the top and down some of the way to make the top of the images ligher in color. The effect is great. I adheared them to the card with a bit of ribbon and added the sentiment. I wish I had picked a blue instead of the yellow but I was thinking sunflower at the time of coloring and I don`t have a great Copic blue. Ultimately I think the colors are weak but it is a nice effect individually. Maybe I`ll pull this card apart and make 3 individual cards with each of these images. Thanks Donna for the great inspiration!! And thanks for dropping in!! Donelda

4 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

OMG, this gives me so many ideas...thanks for the inspiration!

Juanita said...

This is a great idea. Perhaps you have just given me the push for copics ;)

Jessica G. said...

Thanks for passing on the inspiration; I have a new inchie stamp set this would be perfect for!!

Donna said...

LOVE your card, Donelda! For what it's worth, I think the yellow was a perfect choice.