Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - In So Many Words

This Saturday at Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential the challenge is to make a card using sentiments / wording as a main focus. Well, I saw THIS CARD by Shari Carroll a while ago and it was in my "I have to do this" file...so i knew exactly what I was going to do when I saw the challenge!! The sentiments come from a variety of Papertrey Ink stamp sets. Since they are clear, it makes them easy to use in this way. I simply took all of the sentiments I wanted to use and stuck them strategically to my grid acrylic block. Then I stamped with versamark and used white embossing powder on Kraft cardstock. The edges of the card were sponged with Walnut Stain ink (Ranger). I added a strip of holiday designer paper (Anna Griffin - my favorite holiday
paper) and some ribbon (Michaels). One tiny strip of green cardstock that matches the green ribbon and the card is finished!! I'm heading over to Saturday Spotlight to see all the other cards. I'm sure there is going to be a lot of inspiration!! Thanks for dropping in!! Note that this is my third post today ... so make sure you scroll down and see my Loonie Stamper's card and my halloween cards. Donelda

10 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

What a cool idea! And I love that dp...got only a few scraps of it left now, and I'm saving them for something special!

Heather T said...

I love the look of the designer paper on the bottom making the foundation for all the Christmas greetings. And it all works perfectly on Kraft.

Jessica G. said...

Fun spin on this challenge, Donelda, and with such elegant results!!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOWZER!! This is just gorgeous!!! I love your white wording on the background!! This is sooo gorgeous hun!! That ribbon is so yummy looking too!! :) HUGS

Donna said...

OMGosh, Donelda...this is GORGEOUS!

Regan said...

well this is cool!!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW girl, these are truly AMAZING!!!!!! So beautiful!!!!

Juanita said...

Great work on the challenge!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an elegant Christmas Card!! Love your word background, colors and layout!! Thanks for joining us at the Sat. Spotlight!

Anonymous said...

OH honey, what a great idea! Beautiful card!