Monday, October 12, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - Dress Up Those Trees

I wanted to play this week at the Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential. Last week`s challenge was soooo much fun (It was to make a Halloween but you weren`t allowed to use halloween stamps ... see my card HERE).
This week the challenge was to Dress Up a Tree. I was tempted to pick the branch from Papertrey Ink (either Out on a Limb or Take a Bough) and dress it up for Christmas but I just wasn`t feeling Christmassy. Then I thought about some of my Stampin`Up! trees and even my smARTworks tree....but I`ve been playing with them recently. I wanted to use something different, one of my lesser used stamps. That`s when I saw my Of A Feather set from Memory Box. Perfect!!
So, how did I dress up my tree? I decided to dress up the leaves in some great fall colors using my Copic markers. It turned out even better than I had expected -- gotta love it when that happens.
The rest of the card is pretty straight forward. I love using these die cuts to create great shaped cards (see THIS one as another one of my examples).
Supplies: Stamps-Of a Feather (Memory Box), Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Brilliance Jet Black (Tsukinso), Versamark; Paper - Kraft, Vanilla (Stampin`Up!), Bitty Dots in Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink); Other - markers (Copic), Oval Die, Label Dies One (Spellbinders), Chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon (Stampin`Up!).
Okay, now I`m off to see all the other dressed up trees.
Thanks for dropping in!!
Donelda

8 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful autumn colors -- gorgeous shading!!

Dawn Frost said...

I love nestabilities too! Your tree is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Well you sure picked out an awesome tree to play with!! ;) I love it, the colors are gorgeous!! Who doesn't love a pretty Fall tree!! I'm so glad you're having fun playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight!! I look forward to seeing more of your creations!! HUGS

Darlene said...

WOW ... what a beautifully unique creation! I love the simplicity and your "dressing up" is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday Spotlight!! I look forward to seeing more of your artwork in the upcoming weeks! Well done!

Dawn B. said...

I love the shape of your card.. What a great dressed tree.. Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight.

Susan Raihala said...

I'm totally lovin' this tree! And your subtle jumbo polka dots with the small dot dp.

Maria Matter said...

this is wonderful and I love the shape!
Blessings, Maria

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am so glad you got to play with the Saturday Spotlight!! What a beautiful fall tree!! I love the shape of your card!!