Monday, October 5, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - Halloween ... but not Halloween

(Note that this is my 3rd post for today...cruise down to see them all) So there is a new challenge blog out there called Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential . What a great name hey!! It sounds like their challenges are going to be lots of fun...like their very first one - It's Halloween...but NOT! They started out with a bang challenging us to create a halloween card....but without using halloween stamps!! What!!?? At first I was a bit concerned that I would never figure out a way to do it but laying in bed late last night it came to me....my favorite scribble cat would be perfect!! I decided to go with a Michelle Zindorf brayering style and add the cat in front of a full moon. My favorite part are the clouds in the sky....I did that by swiping my Chocolate Chip ink pad directly onto the paper. I was just "winging it" so I was so glad it turned out. A few brads and a sentiment and voila, a halloween card without one halloween stamp used!! Supplies: Stamps - Scribble Cat (All Night Media), Everyday Flexible Phrases (Stampin' Up! retired); Paper - Whisper White, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Ink - Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip (SU!); Other - 1 1/4" circle punch, Post It notes, corner rounder, brads, sponges. I can't wait to see what everyone else does. And if this is the first challenge on the Saturday Spotlight blog, I can't wait to see what's next!! Donelda

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Holy cow lady....I loves those clouds too!! I was just wondering how you did those clouds, so I'm glad you told us in your post!! :) This turned out so awesome and that cat IS perfect...goes so well with everything you've done!!! Such a clever idea!! I thank you for playing along with us in our first Saturday Spotlight challenge...I hope you will come back to play again!!! HUGS

Jessica G. said...

Perfect take on the challenge, Donelda! Your background is awesome, too, and really showcases this Halloween mascot!!

Juanita said...

I really love how this turned out. The clouds look amazing and that scribble cat is the cutest thing EVER!

Laura.K said...

wow! this is just gorgeous. I love the cat and the clouds.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your brayered background and your your scribble cat!! What a fab Halloween but not card!! I am so glad your were able to play along with the Sat. Spotlight. You rocked this challenge!

Crystal said...

WOW What a great take on this challenge!! AWESOME card, love it!

Dawn B. said...

This is perfect for a not so halloween card.. Love the skyline that you did.. Really looks terrific.. Thanks for joining us at Spotlight Saturday.

stampingtink said...

What a great cat! Love the colors and the moon. Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!