Monday, October 12, 2009

Long / Tall Cards

I love working with different card sizes so one day I pulled out some business sized envelopes and got to work. I had been inspired to try the size because I saw that dashed line in the Of a Feather stamp set from Memory Box. I hadn`t used it yet and thought I could have a lot of fun with it. First, I paired it with the flowers from the With Sympathy set by Papertrey Ink and flower pot by smARTworks. The dashed line made for a fun stem!! I saw this particular sentiment from the Father Knows Best set from Papertrey Ink and knew I had to use it on the front of the card (it reads "you're someone to LOOK UP TO no matter how tall i"ve grown" - see how perfect it is)!! Next, I used the dashed line for what it was probably desinged ... the flight path of the little bird in the Of a Feather set. The sentiment for this second card comes from the Papertrey Ink set called Birds of a Feather. I love the little bling added for the letter i in Wings.
What a fun, fun, fun size to work with!! I might have to try this size again soon!!
Stamps used: Of a Feather (Memory Box), Plant Love (smARTworks), Birds of a Feather, With Sympathy, Father Knows Best (Papertrey Ink).
Enjoy your day!!
Donelda

3 comments:

Juanita said...

I love these cards. The sizes are a nice departure from what we usually see.
On the second card, I like that dotted background paper. Nice detail.

marciad said...

Like the sifferent size cards. Maybe I'll try one or two.

Steph said...

These are beautiful!!