Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Clean and Simple (CAS) Challenge - 36 Thumping

The challenge for this week Jen asked us to use `thumping` on our Clean and Simple cards. Thumping? what?? She was nice enough to leave us a link Here. It looked like fun so I gave it a try!! Now, these cards don`t really live up to my CAS hero Susan ... there is way too much color with the designer paper (sorry all you other awesome CAS card makers out there ... I do love all your blogs and cards but Susan converted me first so she is my CAS hero!!). However, this is still a CAS card because it is simple in design, could be mass produced easily, and only took me a few minutes to create!! I did 2 cards using different images but the same layout.
Supplies: Stamps-Cookie Plate (smARTworks), Garden of Life (Papertrey Ink); Paper - Very Vanilla, Whisper White (Stampin`Up!), designer papers (K&Co.), Ink - Mellow Moss, Not Quite Navy (Stampin`Up!), Tea Dye, Antique Linen (Ranger), Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink); Other - Oval die (Spellbinders), various markers (Stampin`Up!), Mellow Moss and Not Quite Navy ribbon (Stampin`Up!), sponge applicator (Ranger), dimensionals.
So, don`t you love those images. They are great!! They are from smARTworks but you can`t just buy them...you have to earn them by getting enough smART Bucks!! But it is easy, because you earn smART Bucks by purchasing stamps from smARTworks. But there is another way to earn smART Bucks these days .... all you have to do is create a card for the smART Word Challenge (this month`s word is FALL) and if you use all smARTworks stamps in your creation you will receive 1 smART Buck!! Bonus!!
So, now it is your turn to try `thumping`. :-)
Donelda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thumping??? I will have to take a look at that! These are beautiful girl!

Susan Raihala said...

Hero? Hmm. The inspiration is mutual!

Your thumping is awesome, and so is the dp! Both of these cards are so lovely. I keep telling myself to make some sympathy cards...it's easier to make them before they're needed.

I haven't had a chance to play this challenge yet (but will!), and your flowers give me all sorts of ideas....

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful cards, Donelda! I really like the subtle color variations this technique gives the leaves and petals!!

Deb (dcorder) said...

Beautiful job with that technique. It gives such a subtle color flair! AWESOME!