Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Cards for 2009

Okay, so I love all those great Halloween stamps out there ... but I just don't make Halloween cards and I wouldn't do any home decore with them either ... so I've kept my stash rather limited. Just a few dollar stamps from Michaels is all I have. I do, however, like to make just 2 cards, for my boys (that's my husband and my son!). Because I don't have many Halloween stamps it forces me to be creative. This first card doesn't have any stamps on it!! The silhouettes are actually from a Halloween card my son received from his grandparents last year. I had saved it all this time :-) The ribbon is a sweet gift from Jessica (Hi Jessica!) that I have also had for a year...or maybe 2. The sentiment is from a package of stickers that came in that card from the grandparents - convenient! Just a bit of torn black paper at the top and we have a great halloween card. Next up is an image I got from a friend (by Doodle Factory). I colored it in with my Copic markers. When did green and purple become Halloween colors??? The papers are a gift from my friend Dawn (Hi Dawn if you are out there) - they are the Creative Memories Hallowen prints from last year! Very cool!! and the sentiment - well the 'happy' is from my Everyday Flexible Phrases set (retired from Stampin Up!) and the 'halloween' is made with Hero Arts alphabet stamps. A bit of creative cutting and another great halloween card. If you needed more inspiration, the Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential challenge site held a challenge a few weeks ago where Halloween cards were to be made without any Halloween stamps. You should see the great and creative cards, including my card HERE. So, if you don't have halloween stamps that doesn't mean you can't get creative!! Happy Halloween everyone! Donelda

2 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Wonderfully creative improvising! I also don't make many Halloween cards, and what stamps I have are for scrapbook pages primarily. Happy Halloween!!!!

Juanita said...

Great job on the spooky cards.