Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Embellish Magazine - Circle Card Color Challenge

Have you checked out Embellish Magazine yet? You should pop over. They have had a few color challenges with the most amazing color combo's!! Really fresh combos and twists like polkadots and circles!! The most recent challenge is to use these colors and create a circle shaped card. These colors are NOT ones I would pick on my own {reminding myself that the whole idea of a challenge is to do something that is different}. This is the card I ended up with. It is definately growing on me. I folded the green textured cardstock and used my coluzzle to cut out the circle. Then I added the colored strips and sentiment. The butterfly is actually stamped onto acetate with StazOn, painted with a light green paint and then adhered to the card with a glue dot. The stitching and the butterfly trail are faux stitching!! Supplies: Stamps-Butterfly(Rubber Stampede), Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey Ink); Cardstock - mint green (Bazzill), Spring Rain, Select White (Papertrey Ink), brown (scrap); Ink - Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), Jet Black (StazOn); Other - Coluzzle, acetate, paint and brush, Chocolate Chip marker (Stampin' Up!). So, have you made a circle card lately?? It has been a while since I have so this was just the challenge I needed to get around to it....snort, hehe, get it!! Thanks for dropping in!! Donelda

11 comments:

Steph said...

This is awesome!!

Susan Raihala said...

Great card, Donelda! Love the faux stitching as an accent...really finishes it off so perfectly!

Juanita said...

I loved the card at first sight. That treatment on the butterfly is great and the colors are soft and calm.

Erica said...

Your lovely card just jumped out at me with its stitching and it's elegant.

Jessica said...

Very pretty card!!! I love the butterfly :)

Winter said...

Very pretty! :)

Scrapping Julie said...

VERY cute..love the "stitching"

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well done girl! I see it in the top 10 for sure!

Laura.K said...

What a lovely card. I like it very much.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Nice butterfly and faux stitching! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge!