Sunday, October 18, 2009

Saturday Spotlight - Make a Scene

This week's challenge from the Saturday Spotlight blog was to Make a Scene. I pulled out one of my favorite sets, Of a Feather by Memory Box and got to work. I stamped the various trees onto a piece of white cardstock. Then I ripped some green scrap designer paper and added it as hills. I re-stamped the trunks over top of the hills. Then I added the sun and birds. I colored in the trees and red birds with Copic markers. The sky is colored with my chalks - haven't pulled them out for a long time. Might have to challenge myself to that next week!! I stamped the sentiment (Beyond Basic Borders by Papertrey Ink) and colored it with the same chalk but it looked so lonely and boring. So, I added one of the red birds to the letter 'o' and I boxed it in. Of course I had to go back and add a box around the main image!!! Off to see all the other 'scenes' that were created for this challenge. Thanks for dropping in! Donelda

12 comments:

Darlene said...

What a creative scene!!! Love the little birdies down in the grass ... great job! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! Hope you join in again next week!!!

Tammy said...

Such a wonderful scene you created! That tree stamp is so fun and I love your hills!
Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Tammy x

Chrissy said...

What a sweet card! Those birds are adorable!
When you say NS- do you mean Nova Scotia or North Sydney?
Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Hi Donelda!! Oh how I love your clever idea of ripping the pieces of cardstock for the hills/grass!! Those trees are beautiful too!! What a very clever scenery!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Saturday Spotlight! Hope to see you around next week!! :) HUGS

Juanita said...

Beautiful scene. I looks warmer there, I should take a trip to your card ;)

Anne said...

This is beautiful, I love those torn paper hills and your gorgeous sun

Susan Raihala said...

FAbulous scene, Donelda! Love, love, love the torn paper hills!

Anonymous said...

Listen, this is perfect and I don't want to make too much of a 'scene' but this card rocks!

Deb (dcorder) said...

What a beautiful card! I love the torn hills!

Jessica G. said...

Awesome scene! Those DP hills are perfect texture and the trees are fun with just a little bit of funky. You aced the challenge, my friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a beautiful scene!! I love the dp hills, the birds on the ground and the use of that tree stamp.

Erin... said...

so cute! the hills are perfect! love those little trees! Glad you could join us at Saturday Spotlight this week:)