Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Feathers

I love using real feathers on my cards. I was using a sentiment from the Birds of a Feather set (Papertrey Ink) the other day and realized that I had yet to use the bird nest in the set, even though it is one of my favorite images in the set. So I decided to pull it out and ink it up, finally.
Because it is a bird nest, I also decided to use some feathers on the card as my embellishment! I love using feathers as they are 'different' and can be soft like here or masculine like on THIS card.
For the blue panel I used my ruler and a Versamark pen and drew versamark lines. It gives a nice subtle background that doesn't take away from the more important stuff on the card.
Don't you just love that bird nest and those sweet little eggs in it!!
Thanks for dropping in! Your comments mean a lot to me!! Feel free to leave some :D
Donelda

4 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

EEEEEE! I LOVE THIS!!!!! The lines on the blue are perfect, and the feathers reinforce the image so beautifully! Thanks for sharing your love of feathers, Donelda!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Ooh, that is a cute nest. Is it a single image? I wonder if you could make a wreath with it, stamped in a circle.

Donelda said...

Hi Dini, no, the eggs and the nest are seperate making it very easy to stamp the eggs in a different color than the nest itself. I am sure you could make a wreath with it, interesting idea!!

Juanita said...

Great reminder of the versamark pen on your background. That is an affordable way to add some interest and not buy a new stamp (who would do something crazy like that?)