Tuesday, October 27, 2009

CAS 38 - Ways to Use Brads - Holly Brads

The latest Clean and Simple challenge over at SCS is#38 and Jen asked us to pull out our brads or eyelets and use it on a card.
It was all a bit of an accident - just walked by this stamped image. You see, I had taken this stamp and made a bunch of impressions using Twinkling H2Os last year but didn't use them all. I keep all my Christmas stuff in a seperate box so when I walked by thinking about how I would ever create a CAS card using brads....I saw this image and instantly knew what I would do!!!
I cut the image out making sure to emphasize the curvy corners. Then I put brads in where the holly berries are at. I adhered it to the card with dimensionals. Then came the tricky part, where to put the sentiment!!?? It ended up bottom center of the image. A few rounded corners and the card was finished!!
Supplies: Stamps-Happiest of Holidays (retired Stampin' Up!), Faux Ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink); Paper - Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Other - Twinkling H20, paint brush, brads (Making Memories, I think), dimensionals, corner rounder.
Thanks for dropping in to my blog. Your comments matter !! :-)
Donelda

4 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

This set is PERFECT for this challenge. I laughed when I saw your card for two reasons. First, someone else used this set for the challenge, and I commented how I didn't buy this set even though I loved it because I didn't see how it could be used for CAS cards...and now I've seen two people in two days using this set on deliciously CAS cards! I'm an idiot!

Second, I made a card with rounded corners a few days ago and TOTALLY get why you went rounded. The white on white is so crisp and works so well with the image, and your colors pop right off all the white.

Great card!

Jessica G. said...

Perfect CAS card! The extra shimmer and brad berries are such clever extra touches that really make this a stunning card!!

Joy Jenkins said...

Awesome card, Donelda!!! I love it!!

Juanita said...

I just love this. It is just so strong visually and I love where you put the sentiment.