Sunday, October 11, 2009

Loonie Stamper's Challenge #61 - Thanksgiving Place Cards

While I try to play along with the Loonie girls I have missed the last few weeks. I have truely found it hard to get organized since being away for a week. But things are getting better so I made sure I found time to play this week. When I saw these colors I wasn't sure what I would do. The colors by Wendy totally screamed "fall" to me but how to pull them together. But then I had a great idea. You see, this weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada (our growing season is much shorter than the U.S. -- our veggies would be frozen in the earth if we waited until Nov.!!). And I decided that these colors would make great place cards. I cheated a bit by using these leaves which have the right colors on them.... made by applying Twinkling H2Os onto watercolor paper. The names of my hubby and son are on the other 2 cards, just blurred out. They look great at the placesetting. We are eating turkey today since hubby has to work tomorrow...and he's the one who cooks so there would be no point waiting until tomorrow!! I am thankful for a great family, friends, and so much more. What are you thankful for?? Head over to the Loonie Girl blogs to see what they did with these awesome colors: Wendy, Dee, Char, Jewels, Maria, Regan. Happy thanksgiving. Donelda

8 comments:

Deanna said...

Donelda, these are beautiful! And especially useful this weekend in Canada!

I am stuffed to my eyeballs with turkey!

Thanks for playing gf!

Chris (catt871) said...

These are beautiful!!! IF I had more time I would do the same thing...but I'm leaving in an hour!!! LOL

Juanita said...

Love these place cards. You almost inspired me to go make some for our dinner tomorrow, but my MIL has people coming and I am not sure who they all are....
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Susan Raihala said...

Great place cards and great use of the color scheme.

I'm thankful for your blog, for husbands who cook, and for fall.

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful place setting cards, Donelda! Those leaves are gorgeous!!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Looks awesome Girl. Glad you could play and have an awesome thanksgiving!!!

Regan said...

You're back!! Awesome place cards!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! You rocked my challenge! Love the place cards, sweet idea! Gobble Gobble!