Monday, August 10, 2009

CAS26 - Shimmery Butterfly Birthday

So I did have a chance to create another challenge card. This time it is for the Clean and Simple (CAS) challenge #27 where Jen wanted us to use 'bling' on our cards. I had a ton of help with this card. First of all, many of you might recognize it. I totally CASED it from Lucy as you can see HERE. I few changes...but not many!! I loved her card and was wanting to try one of those die shaped cards. One difference was that I used watercolor paints to get the purple background. The beautiful butterfly is from the smARTworks set BF-04 Sm. Trio. After coloring the butterfly with pencil crayons, I smeared it with Star Dust Stickles!! This was a la Jennifer McGuire as you can see in her video HERE. If you haven't checked out all her videos, you must!! I really like the end results (but make sure you let it dry before trying to put the card together - don't ask my why I know this!!). Supplies: Stamps-BF-04 Sm. Trio (smARTworks), Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), Versamark; Paper - Kraft, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), watercolor paper; Other - white embossing powder, Star Dust Stickles (Ranger), crochet yarn, Labels 1 dies (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (ProvoCraft), watercolor paints, paint brush. Well, that is one more challenge to add to my completed list. I also spent the evening sorting out my scrap bin and found a ton of great backgrounds and images I've colored in over the last few months. You'll likely be seeing them in the next few weeks as I hope to use some up! Thanks for dropping in! Donelda

3 comments:

Juanita said...

Nice work.
I love the shaped card and the shimmer.

Susan Raihala said...

Lovely shimmer on that butterfly! Isn't it cool when you can pull together ideas from several places and make them your own? So pretty!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous! Your CAS background really makes this sparkling beauty pop. You ARE trying out for the CAS Fall DT, aren't you?