Thursday, September 11, 2008

Feathers and Owl

Here is another example of a card using feathers -- see I told you I was really enjoying feathers these days!! You can see my other feather card HERE.
This card uses the very regal looking owl from the set called Wildlife Reserve from Stampin' Up. I really like all the animal images and I think they make quick and simple cards.
The card came together quite easily. Stamped the owl with Chocolate Chip onto Whisper White cardstock. Matted this with a brown Bazzill paper. placed this with the feathers onto a piece of Sage Shadow cardstock matted with another piece of the brown cardstock. All of this was placed onto a card base of Kraft that was stamped with the fern from Fantastic Foilage using Versamark. The sentiment was one I got from some blog candy I won from Dina over at Mama Dini's Stamperia.
Supplies: Paper-Kraft, Sage Shadow, Whisper White (SU!), brown (Bazzill); Stamps-Wildlife Reserve, Fantastic Foilage (SU!), sentiment (My Heart Stamps for You), Ink-Chocolate Chip, Versamark; Other - feathers (Michaels)
Thanks for visiting,
Donelda

2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

The feathers are such an elegant embellishment! This card is a perfect masculine card, a genre I find incredibly difficult to craft well. Great job!

Chris (catt871) said...

GREAT JOB!!!! Wow, this card is amazing!! The feathers fit SO well with the owl image, love that!!!!!