Monday, August 2, 2010

Using Vellum

I totally struggle to use vellum!!  It's not that I can't think of what to do with it ... it's that I can never plan a good way on how to attach it without the unsightly adheseve showing.  I know, brads are a great alternative .. but I'm not really a "brad girl" as I rarely use them on my cards! 

However, when I saw a few samples from Kristina Werner where she wrapped vellum around the front panel of the card... now that I knew I could do.

I set out to create a card.  I decided I wanted to "mimic" the Hero Arts stamp called Dandelion Frame (seen on page 68 if the current  2010 catalog).  I took a number of my silhouette stamps from smARTworks and created the panel.  Not so sure if I got the "mimicing" part exactly but I did it from memory.... Then, I added the sentiment (also from smARTworks) and the swirls (from Everyday Classics by Papertrey Ink) onto the vellum piece.   I wraped it, adhered it on the back and then put the whole panel on a white card base.

I am definately doing this again with vellum!!

Thanks for dropping into my little corner of the blogging world.  Have a great day and a great week!!
Donelda

5 comments:

Jess said...

Lovely card, very beautiful background and the vellum is great! :)

Susan Raihala said...

I have seen the wrapping before but wasn't inspired to try it. Your card is making me itch to give it a go! This is so soft and pretty and perfect.

Banu said...

Beautiful Donelda..Awesome Velum Technique. So totally copying this.

Jessica G. said...

Aweseome card -- I absolutely love the combination of delicate vellum with a shilhouette-stamped kraft! This is definitely a look I need to CASE, including that fun sketch!!

Heather T. said...

Both the silhouette background and the vellum wrap are very pretty and appealing. I'm keen to try something similar.