Saturday, August 21, 2010

Loonie Stamper's Challenge - #106 - Fabric

The latest Loonie Challenge is to use fabric.  Well, I just happen to have acquired a ton of great fabric scraps and also recently purchased a package of K&Co. fabric so this is a perfect excuse to get off my duff and actually use it! 

I started out with the flower.  A few days ago I had made THIS card using pink and green reinker inks.  Not wanting to waste anything, I took the left over pink and green ink and brushed it onto a piece of scrap cardstock.  I used this scrap today (see me trying to be better at using my scraps!) by stamping this lovely flower (smARTworks), a waterlily I would say, onto the paper.  I mostly got the pink part of the paper but the tips of the middle petals have a bit of green on them.  Then, I picked this green and white fabric (K&Co.) to combine with the pink color.  I adore pink and green together (as you can see on the card that I posted where these colors of ink originated).  The little strip of pink at the bottom is also the painted reinker scrap and I stamped this swirl border (Stampology) on it.  The black under the flower is some True Black twill (Papertrey Ink) and the sentiment is from the Birthday Basics set (Papertrey Ink). 

Okay, now what did those loonie ladies do with fabric ... I can't wait to find out:

Hope you have a good and stampy weekend!!
Donelda

5 comments:

Maria Fiscella said...

This rocks, Donelda! I love pink and green, too:)

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

love love love it. That flower is pretty wicked

Banu said...

Beautiful card. !! Loved the design.

Regan said...

WHOOT!!
its awesome

Anonymous said...

Honey, not only is this an awesome colour combo but that fabric is to die for. Wait till Char see's it, it is her fave colour! We love that you play with us....that didn't sound right!!! LOL