Monday, August 30, 2010

Love My Tapes Challenge - Pink and Turquoise

Okay so Monday's are getting a little better!  Over on the Love My Tapes blog, they are hosting challenges each Monday.  And they are using the most amazing photos for inspiration!  Check out the amazing colors here!!

I don't own any of their fancy tapes yet ... but I do have a package coming in the mail since I was lucky enough to win their challenge a few weeks ago!!!  I can't wait to get it in my hot little hands and start creating!! 

For now, I must settle for making cards without such lovely tapes.  But it is easy with inspiration like this!! 

So for my card I decided to focus on that picture of pink flowers on the bottom left.  I loved how bright pink the centers of the flowers were!  And I, of course, had to use turquoise as well - these colors are amazing together!!   The flowers and background are colored with a mix of Copics, pencil crayons and watercolor pencil crayons. 

I kept the card really, really plain - white on white effect so that the colored flowers would take center stage.  I wasn't so sure I liked it so stark when I first finished it .. but the more I look at it the more I do like it. 

You have to head over to Love My Tapes and add your card to the challenge!!!!!  What's to loose and you could WIN one of the hottest new trends in the industry!!!

Donelda

Stamps used Garden of Life (Papertrey Ink)

No comments: