Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Delicious Apples - CAS 82


I had this idea running around and around in my head all night long for the Clean and Simple challenge #82 over at SCS.  I had to get up this morning and make it before heading out to work.  Now I'm going to be late but that is okay ... I'm kinda waiting for the FROST to melt off my car windshield before I have to go scrap it!!  Sheesh, frost on the 31st of August!!!!

I dropped the cranberry alcohol ink onto glossy paper and then moved it around with a can of air!  (so much fun!).  Then I stamped the open apple strategically on top.  Originally I had planned to use only 1 apple but I liked all of them so picked the best 3 and added them to the card.  Then I colored the leaf and stems with Copics.  Finally, I have been meaning to do some scoring (I've had my Score Pal since Christmas and haven't "thought" to do it yet!!! sheesh!!) so I added scoring lines above and below the apples and again at the bottom of the card.  A simple thinking of you sentiment finishes the card!  Good, clean, and simple!!

Supplies: Stamps-TEahcer's Apple, Beyond Basic Borders (Papertrey Ink); Paper - Kraft (SU!), glossy paper; Ink - Jet Black (Ranger); Other - Alcohol ink, Cranberry (Ranger), Score Pal, Copic markers (YG03 and E44).

Hope you have a "Delicious" day!!
Donelda

6 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Very pretty card. Cool idea with the apples. Love the scoring, it adds just the right amount of embellishment.

Imke said...

Donelda, this is a great idea with the apples. I like the scoring lines, i have to use it more often-it looks so elegant. Super CAS Card !

Sandi Berg said...

Wow! What a beautiful technique with the apples! You'll have to teach it to me one day!

Lindsey said...

Oh. My. Gosh. LOVE this super-original card!

Cynthia Schelzig,,Cynnie said...

I just love this piece...it is totally fresh and modern and love the air blown around apples...just toooooo to cool!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Mmmm, yummy! I love the red splatter on the apples.