Monday, August 9, 2010

Dewy Bloom

This card is created for the awesome layout on Card Positioning System (#177).  Of course, like always, I'm too late to enter the card into the actual challenge -- sheesh!!!  I did move the focal image to the left a bit to allow for the sentiment.

The flower was fun to create.  I took the image (In Bloom from Papertrey Ink) and embossed it on white cardstock with silver embossing powder.  Then I spritzed it with water and dropped on bits of Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink) ink from my reinker.  I did add a bit of pink Copic (RV11).  Then, the neatest thing - the dew drops!!  It is simple, you just rub on some glue stick, then add some UTEE and heat a bit (not too long).  I learned this technique from Godelieve who does it brilliantly ... I still need more practice!!

The sentiment was also added with silver embossing powder (Flower Garden - Papertrey Ink).  The dotty paper is from Rusty Pickle -- love it!!  There are pink skull and crossbones on the flip side .. you will be seeing them some time in the future!!

Thanks for dropping in!!  Have a great day!
Donelda

4 comments:

Godelieve said...

How gorgeous! The flower is really stunning, and of course I love the dew drops :)
Thanks for the link.

Linda Palmer said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love the technique you used. I've always liked that papertrey set and intended to buy it but haven't. Your technique is awesome and love the dew drops. They are perfect for this beautiful card.

Juanita said...

What a neat technique. I may have to see if I have some images that could work with....

Anonymous said...

So so so pretty!