Thursday, August 12, 2010

School Time - Waltzingmouse Makes Competition

I was browsing around blogland and spent some time on Claire Brennen's Waltxingmouse Makes site.  She is away on vacation, but Lisa the Mousekeeper is updating the blog.  And you'll never guess what ... she is hosting a little competition!!  She likes the old saying ... "When the cat's away the mice will play"!  Well, I'd be happy to play along.  You need to go to the Waltzingmouse Stamp Store and download one of the FREE templates and then create something with it!!  What fun!! 

I saw Claire's gingerbread house template and thought of starting an early Christmas project but then I got to wondering if I could adjust the house, just a bit, and create a nice little School House.  So that is what I did.  Sadly, I don't own one single Waltzingmouse stamp ... but maybe I'll win one!!??  (crossing my fingers and toes).

It was hard to photograph but I put a chalkboard on the inside wall that you can see through the windows that I created.   And I added an old wooden floor too!!  And a little chimney was needed of course!! 
I think I'll add a few "treats" in this house for my son on his first day back to school.  Thankfully that is not for a few weeks so I have some time to pick up the treats! 
So, are you going to play???? 
Donelda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, this is great!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

What a great idea to make this into a schoolhouse!!! Well done Donelda!!!

Jessica G. said...

What an awesome way to show the gingerbread house template's versatility! And this schoolhouse is adorable, especially with all your amazing details. The blackboard is just too cute and that hardwood floor gives it the perfect old-time essence!!

Monique said...

Awwwe this is so cute!! I love the way you can see the blackboard threw the door....Very creative :)

Julia Aston said...

I just love how you made this into a school Donelda! and how fun to see the little peek of the chalkboard and wood floor inside!!