Monday, August 16, 2010

Enjoy the Roses

Love My Tapes is a company that sells tapes with flair!!  Their latest product is Fabric Tape - wow, what a great idea!!  They have started challenges on their blog and the winner is lucky enough to get some of their products.  Well, I love the idea of tape but don't yet own any....so I decided to enter their contest and try to see if I can win some!!  Besides, the inspiraiton photo was just too good to ignore!! 

Here is the card I made.  Obviously, the inspriation came from the colors, the doily under the cup, and the roses, oh and the background design!  The roses were heat embossed with black, spritzed with LOTS of water and then drops of pink ink were added.  A great effect!!

Stamps - In Bloom, Background Basics: Retro; Mixed Messages (all Papertrey Ink).

Have you joined in on the doily bandwagon yet??  They are certainly pretty little things to play with adding a lot of frill easily.

Thanks for dropping in for a peek.  Share your thoughts!!
Donelda

9 comments:

Love My Tapes said...

Donelda what a beautiful card! I love your take on the inspiration. Thanks for playing along and good luck!

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful design, beautiful card, and beautiful colors. You are going to make me buy that stamp. It is papertrey isn't it?

Deloris said...

Fabulous card!

Jessica G. said...

Perfect background trellis match and your coloring of the flowers is awesome! Good luck with this challenge; the fabric tape sounds very intriguing!

Lindsey said...

Great card -- your colouring is fabulous!

Imke said...

Donelda, your coloring of the flowers is awesome. I like pink and green together. I like the doily behind and the layout is great. Hugs

Juanita said...

Wow! You sure do rise to the occasion when there is a challenge placed before you! This is stunning.

Jess said...

What a fantastic effect!! It honestly looks like it's been copic markered!

I love how you've interpreted the colours and patterns of the inspiration photo. Fantastic!

Tee said...

Beautiful card..and the doily is sooo perfect..I think I'll end up CASEing all your cards..