Monday, August 16, 2010

Hello Squares

I LOVE this layout!  It is not my own original design, I borrowed it from 'the' Teri Anderson.  I saw it on her blog HERE and wanted to try it for myself.  (sorry for the poor photography - the embossing made it difficult to photograph and I still have not gotten better lighting for my photo box).

A few weeks ago, I picked up a stamp set by Stampology (sold at Walmart) called Paisley Backgrounds.  They are not the best quality but they work and are quite inexpensive.  And besides, I love paisley -- I know it is not "in" right now, but I don't care, I love it anyway!!
I stamped the lined image background onto some white cardstock and embossed it with black embossing powder.  Then I colored it in with blue (B14, Copic), pink (Cameo Coral, SU!), and yellow (Staedtler fineliner).  Love the results!!  To see it close up either click on the image or right click on the image and select "open" in the menu you get. 

The sentiment is a rub on (Stampin' Up!) and the lines are faux stitching were done with my white gel pen (Signo).  Everything here is scrap or old products I've owned and need to start using (the rub-ons!!).  Yeah for me!!

Enjoy your day!!
Donelda

5 comments:

Tee said...

So pretty! Love the paisley design..I love them too..got them done on my wedding card!!
Love the whole look of the card!
TFS!

Linda Palmer said...

Awesome. Love all your ideas. I will miss you on the next round but will keep in touch thru your blog.

Anonymous said...

Lol, Donelda! You are so funny! Goodness. :)

Love your take on the card. It looks awesome!

Hope you are having a great day!

Teri

Jessica G. said...

Fun layout and round alternate corners really gives it a different feel! Awesome color combo and love that DP, too!!

Juanita said...

Great work.
I love the colors you used and the layout is fabulous.