Friday, August 6, 2010

Fortune Holder

I was checking out Lisa Spangler's blog the other day and she had created the best "fortune cookie fourtune holder".  Well, at work we often go out to the restaurant in town that has fortune cookies for "dessert" so I had to make one of these holders. 

Lisa even did a great tutorial on how to do the japanese binding.  Mine did not turn out as lined up as hers, but hey, it was only my 2nd time doing this kind of binding.  (If you are a long time reader, you might remember THIS card I did way back in Nov. 2007). 

The papers are oragami papers given to me from a friend.  I used it as inspiration to create the circle focal point (which uses Asian Frames by Hero Arts) colored with Copics. 

As you can see, I added various colored pages inside the book and stamped a single flower image randomly with Versamark ink.  It adds just a bit of interest on the pages. 

I can hardly wait to start adding our fortunes into this book.  I think it will be a lot of fun!!


Have a great day!!
Donelda

2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

What a fun idea and beautiful project, Donelda! I love the idea of a fortune scrapbook and the Asian papers, image and binding are so perfect!!

Juanita said...

This is so fun. What a neat idea...
One of my co-workers has some sort of connection to fortune cookies. He brings bags of them in every few weeks. Now I know what to do with all those fun slips of paper.