Monday, August 23, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

I saw this color combo on a challenge site a while ago.  It was SO out of my comfort zone that I decided to give it a try.  As well, I've been trying to use stamp sets that have been sadly neglected.  Flower Garden (Papetrey Ink) has definatley been one of those sets!!  Lisa Johnson just made it look so easy when she released it with Papertrey Ink, but I just get stumped when I pull it out!! 

I kinda like how the solid flowers are on the background and the outline flowers are on the strip. 

The sentiment is from Upsy Daisy or Pocket Silhouettes - both Stampin' Up! {I have placed them together in a clam box and can't remember which set this sentment goes with} (again, a sets I had to have but never use). 

Hope you have a great week!!
Donelda

5 comments:

Heather T said...

What a happy card. I also like the way you've got solid and outline flowers in your separate panels.

Lindsey said...

You totally rockes this card!

Lindsey said...

Oops, rocked...

Linda Palmer said...

Fabulous card. Love how you did it with the strip. Great colors too.boodri

dining room tables said...

I can see that your card is especially made for birthdays. It is a very fascinating card. The design is beautiful and the color is so perfect.