Thursday, August 5, 2010

Flying By - Secret Sister supplies

This awesome balloon image is one I received from my Secret Sister in a swap I'm in over at SCS.  Isn't this the best image!!  I love that she was sweet enough to also stamp the image on some designer papers so that I could do some paper piecing .. how sweet and thoughtful she was!! 

I kept the card pretty clean and simple.  I cut the balloon out using an oval nestabilities (Spellbinders) and sponged around the outside of the oval with some blue ink.  I then popped it onto this matching red strip of designer paper.  In order to make it match the balloon strips better, I stamped Fancy Flourishes (Papertrey Ink) onto it with Versamark ink.  Soft and subtle!!  I added the sentiment (from Bird Watching from Ppaertrey Ink -  my favorite sentiment in that set) onto the blue card base (it looks white in the photo - sorry!). 

I can't wait to create even more great cards with all the other goodies my SS sent me!! 

Until next post ....
Donelda

2 comments:

Imke said...

Oh this is really lovely. Love the hot air balloon and your CAS Look is great.

Jessica G. said...

Fun kit; how nice of your sis to stamp the image on DP for paper piecing, too! Another great CAS card!!