Friday, July 30, 2010

Birthday Hoot

Well, clearly I've been into my Hero Arts stash!  This image I recieved in a Blog Candy win and I love this guy!!  I stamped the branch a few times and then placed him on top.  While I added the ink colors to the stamp for the branch, the owl is an outline image so I colored him in with various Copic markers. 

The sentiment is from Wise Owl, a Papertrey Ink owl set.  The image felt masculine so I wanted to keep is that way ... which makes me turn to tearing as a way to add some texture and interest! 

Boy, I sure seem stuck on this layout it seems!   I'll have to mix things up in the future. 

Thanks for dropping in!
Donelda

6 comments:

G Peplow said...

Your Owl is gorgeous, his eyes are slightly dazed, very endearing, love the layout :) xx

Linda Palmer said...

Love your darling owl. I love the colors you used on this card and I think it turned out great. The layout is perfect for this image.

Emily Leiphart said...

Donelda, this is fantastic! I love everything about it from the colours to the torn paper.

Lindsey said...

I think it's a fab all-purpose layout, and may just have to "borrow" it for my own cards. ;)
Love the owl, too!

Banu said...

Superb card!! Loved the coloring and the design. The torn paper is perfect for Masculine card. Awesome.

Jessica G. said...

Cute owl and perfect sketch to take him out on a limb for a birthday card!