Thursday, August 12, 2010

Twinkling Butterflies

Susan R. totally inspired this card with here version HERE (scroll down).  I thought I could make the black text (Background Basics: Text Style) look worn but it didn't quite turn out how I envisioned.  Regardless, I like the butterflies.  I painted on 3 different colors of Twinkling H2Os and then, once dry, I stamped this butterfly (Antique Engravings, Hero Arts) with black ink.  I cut them out and adhered them to the middle of the card.  I have added antenna since taking this photo (drat!). 


Thanks for dropping in.
Donelda

6 comments:

Juanita said...

Love it.
Butterflies are just the best!

Imke said...

WOW, Donelda this is really great. Love the coloring of the butterflies !

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous CASE of Susan's card -- very nice!
WV: castest -- perfect for a CASE of the queen of CAS! :P

Jessica G. said...

Wow -- this is stunning! It really feels like a Victorian artwork, but still has that clean, crisp feel. I SO need the PTI script set!!

Deb (dcorder) said...

YUM! I love the simple "grunge" of this!!

Susan Raihala said...

Oh, I think you did a great job vintaging (I made that up) the Text Style stamp! Beautiful colors, too!