Sunday, August 22, 2010

SRM Sticker Challenge and more Pink and Green


Well, you can definately say I'm on a pink and green kick!!  I have 2 cards today but I also just posted THIS card and THIS which are also pink and green!!  Maybe tomorrow I'll use different colors!  Ha!!

I was blogging around this morning and found SMR stickers blog.  It is not the first time I've run across their blog, name, or products and I have to tell you ... their products are intriguing to me!!!  So, when I saw that they have a sketch challenge going on where you could WIN some of their products, I jumped on board.  I'd love to try out some of their stuff!!! 

So, I created this first card based on their sketch.  I flipped the sketch as you can see.  The pink with white polka dot chip bord piece and the littler pink circles (Heidi Grace) are from my Secret Sister (thank you Banu!) and the brown letter stickers are Making Memories.  I've had them forever and this is the first time I've used them!  The papers are from the Sultry collection (BasicGrey).  Many of these products I've had forever, yeah for me for actually using them!!
Of course, after having made the first card I had a bunch of scraps laying around.  So, trying to be thoughtful and use up my scraps when I make them, I created a second card.  I actually like it better!!  It all started with that strip of the designer paper.  I liked the pink flowers on the right.  They were in the perfect spot for the sketch!!  So I took one of my long owned Metal Edge Tags (Stampin' Up! - retired). However, it was the copper color which wouldn't work.  So, I used my silver Sharpie marker and it colored it perfectly!!  Then I added the flower (Prima) which I dyed a darker brown, a piece of punched paper for the center and leaves (Martha Stewart) and added my sentiment (Birthday Basics, Papertrey Ink).  It is a bit hidden up there but I liked it better there than on the green base!

Sorry for the horrible photography!  I am still waiting on new lights for my photo box and today it is dark and dreary here.  I also am having trouble with running photoshop for some reason so I am using a different, less effective editing program!  :-(

All in all, a good morning's craft!!  Now I'm off to Michaels for a craft supply run :-)
Have a great day.
Donelda

3 comments:

Banu said...

Donelda, What a creative way to use those chipboard shapes from Heidi Grace. Loved your card. Those chipboard are going so well with the BG patterned paper. Very very cute card.

Heather T said...

I love the way you've let the paper take centre stage; it is so pretty.

Donelda, I have visited here before and really enjoyed your cards, but I spent a bit more time browsing through your archives and came across your Canada Day card. So then I was wondering where you are in Canada, considering the size of this country you are probably nowhere near me, but you never know...then I looked in your complete profile. I was right, Innisfail is nowhere near Ottawa.

Donelda said...

hehehe, that is too bad Heather because we could have got together to stamp if we had lived closer!!!