Thursday, August 12, 2010

Purple Snowflakes??!!

Well, what do you expect??!!  Susan R. handed out the latest One Layer Wednesday challenge and made me do it!!  She told us to create a holiday card using "unexpected colors".  Well, here are my purple snowflakes :-)  I used more Twinkling H2O's - this time, English Lavender.  I created 2 cards actually.  The first one just got "busy" and I wasn't sure I really liked it.  The second one was less busy ... but like usual, I stamped the sentiment on crooked (that is why I photographed it on the side...so you wouldn't notice so much ... but then I went and told you .. sheesh!!). 

Which one do you like best (assuming the sentiments were both straight!)??

Have a great evening,
Donelda

13 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Both are beautiful!!! Like the one in the square box the best but love both.

Jess said...

Love the purple snowflakes! Both work great!

Heather said...

Both are gorgeous, love the 'unexpected' colour - really works well.

Kara said...

love the purple on the snowflakes! great job with this challenge!

Jessica G. said...

Purple snowflakes work for me! Awesome CAS design; I think my favorite is the first card although I can't really say why -- I love them both!!

Joy Jenkins said...

The one on the left is my fav...LOVE the purple!!!!

Bonnie said...

Purple snowflakes really work! I think I like the one with the crooked sentiment best. Probably because I can't stamp straight myself! Both are beautiful.

Angela said...

Cool cards! Love the purple. I think they're both great, but I like the scale of the sentiment on the "crooked" one :)

Juanita said...

Oh! My! Goodness!
These are so beautiful.

Imke said...

The Purple Snowflakes looks fabulous. Beautiful CAS Card !!

PetraB said...

Both cards are beautiful but if asked my favourite is the one on the left.

Carol said...

Your cards are wonderful! I don't think there is anything wrong with purple snowflakes! This challenge makes me feel like a kid again!

Susan Raihala said...

I love your purple snowflakes! The one with the crooked sentiment is my fave (and you photographed it perfectly so I wouldn't have known it was crooked if you hadn't told on yourself!).