Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Baby Cards ... Squared!?

Hi everyone!   I told you I had some baby cards and here they are.  I don't make baby cards very often since most of my friends have pre-teens or teenages!  But I couldn't resist using these cute little stickers that I actually found at Dollarama!  But there is an item on these cards that I have had for at least 3 years ... just sitting there waiting to be used!  Those epoxy sqauares!!  They came on a sheet with the various shades of blues, greens, and some purple and yellow!

I created the hippo card first.  I selected various colors of green and blue and added a few purple squares in the desgin.  Then, I matted it witha piece of light blue paper.  Tied a purple know, added the hippo and a small sentiment.  I added all of this onto a white card base. 

The second card, the duck, was created with the left over squares - greens and the yellow.  While I like purple, green and blue color combo I think I like the duck card best!! 

It feels so nice to finally use these squares.  I have a bunch of other colors too (browns and greys) that will make really interesting cards as well.  You will likely see them some day in the future!! 

Supplies: Stamps - hippo sentiment from Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink), duck sentiment from Limitless Labels (Papertrey Ink); Paper - various from my scrap stash!!; Ink - hippo card uses Lavender Lace (Stampin' Up!), duck card uses Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink); Other  - yellow ribbon (Michaels'), Lavender Moon silk ribbon (Papertrey Ink), epoxy square stickers (Dollarama), animal stickers (Dollarama).

Well, have a wonderful day.  Hopefully the sun is shining where you are :-)
Donelda

6 comments:

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Oh these cards are so cool, I love them!!

Imke said...

Hello Donelda, it´s a great idea to use these quares. It look really great and the hippo it soo cute. Wonderful Cards !

Jessica G. said...

Cute, cute! Those squares add a wonderful mosaic tile feel to the cards and how fun to use soft colors to create a baby theme!!

Susan Raihala said...

GET OFF MY BRAINWAVE!!!!!

I totally sketched this idea in my notebook just a few days ago. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

On my, aren't these the cutest ever!

BlueOrchys said...

Your cards are so fun ! I love the one with the duck !