Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Loonie Stamper's Challenge - #103 Dazzling Bloom

The Loonie girls are at it again (they are at it every Friday!!) and this week the colors were so yummy I definately wanted to play along!!  The colors, as you can see, are Kraft and Yellow with an additional challenge to use Text Paper.  Interesting, until I typed this out, I had thought it was just to use text ... ooops!!  Oh well, I love how my card turned out!!
I used a 'new to me' Papertrey Ink set In Bloom.  I love it!!  I colored the bloom in with Copic markers (Y13, Y21, and Y26).  I had this yellow frame sitting around my scrap bin for a while now and decided to use it on this project.  I added some text to it by clear embossing (Background Basics:Text Style, Papertrey Ink).  A nice subtle effect.  The addition of the hemp and a vintage button (Papertrey Ink) keeps with the elegent but rustic feel of the card.  I popped all this onto the kraft card base and added a simple sentiment (Autumn Abundance - Papertrey Ink). 
Then, I couldn't help it, I added a bit of Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!) to the edges of the petals.  They just needed a bit of wow treatment!!
Now to check out what the Loonie ladies all did with this awesome combo:
Wendy, Maria, Dee, Jewels, Regan, and Char (who did make a card, even though she is up to her eyeballs in remodelling -- I just couldn't find it the first time I looked!) 
Awesome work, like usual. 

Well, thanks for taking a peek.  Leave me a little love and let me know what you think.
Donelda

8 comments:

Jessica G. said...

I'd still call this layout CAS, but popping the flower out of the main panel and adding a touch of glitter really gives it some pizazz!

Regan said...

you're back....love the card girl

Anonymous said...

Hey GF!!! This is fantastic! Don't you just love the colour combo! And where you put the text print is fantastic!!! Thanks for playing with us ho's!!

Charlene Austin said...

Hi Missy!! We missed you! This card is FABULOUS!!

I too love the colour combo. Yep, I actually did play along but I think the post got buried beneath a second post that day so you might have missed it.

Thanks so much for hanging with us again!!

p.s....if you ever come to Calgary let us know and Wendy and I can meet up with you for lunch or dinner. K?

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

SO cute! i love how that flowers pops out!

Maria Fiscella said...

I think this is perfection!! (And hey, half the fun is breaking the 'rules', lol) So glad you're back:)

Deanna said...

Totally amazing! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice!

I love the layout, maybe even more than the colors!

You really hit a home run with this