Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Colorful DUDE!

I saw a card like this done with a Verve stamp set but I knew I could replicate one similar to it using my So Cool set (Stampin' Up! - retired).  Again, another stamp set I felt I had to have but haven't used nearly enough!!

I used my markers to ink up just the word Dude in Ruby Red, then Pumpkin Pie, then Summer Sun, then Garden Green and finally Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up!) using a Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the word lined up each time.  (I see the orange does not look all that orange in this photo but it is in real life - sheesh!).  Then I cut the cardstock down to the size I wanted, did some faux stitching around the edge and matted it on some black cardstock.

Next, I took the circle birthday sentiment from Around and About Sentiments (Papertrey Ink) and stamped it with black onto white cardstock.  Then, using the star from the set, I colored small strips using the same colors.  I huffed and I puffed ....oops, wrong story.... I huffed on the image and stamped it into the middle of the sentiment.  Punched it out and layered it onto more black cardstock.  I used the star and a small dot (also in that set) and Versamark ink to give a small amount of "texture" to the kraft card base, added some hemp and adhered it all with dimensional tape. 

My son gave it a pre-teen boy thumbs up ... "even if it is a rainbow...you didn't use the purple so that is good".. LOL!!

Thanks for dropping into my little world of the blog.  Feel free to leave me a comment so I know you are really out there :-)
Donelda

4 comments:

Banu said...

Beautiful card Donelda. I loved the gradient coloring idea.

Jessica G. said...

Such a fun guy card, Donelda! I had to smile when I read that the rainbow was OK as long as there's no purple -- I'll have to remember that tip for future cards!!

Heather T said...

This is a very cool card, proven by the fact that your son gave it the thumbs up. The little start is the perfect finishing touch.

Chris (catt871) said...

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGosh, it has been WAY TOO LONG!!!! I miss you!!!! This card is awesome by the way - love it!!!!!