Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wishing you the best

ETA - don't forget to drop back in on Saturday to see what image Linda and I decided to use for our second challenge!!

I love how this card turned out!  It was a card designed to use up
some scrap pieces that have been hanging around my craft space for a while now.  I had stamped those pink flowers (With Sympathy - Papertrey Ink) a while ago - cool how they create a cluster when stamped in a circle (got that idea from Betsy Veldman).  The leaves were also hanging around from a former project gone astray.  I adhered them to the long tag I tied the satin ribbon (Berry Sorbet - Papertrey Ink) in a hole I had punched at the other end.  A simple sentiment was added (Wishing You ... - Papertrey Ink) in Chocolate chip ink.   I added that to some lovely pink designer paper (Porcelain collection - BasicGrey).  I adhered some more Kraft cardstock along the top edge with a small strip of Chocolate Chip (SU!).  To make a pink visual triangle, I added 3 buttons that match the Berry Sorbet color perfectly.  They came from my general stash of buttons.  Some white floss (DCM) finished them off nicely.  The top of the Kraft piece was rounded and then the whole focal piece was attached to a white card base with dimensionals.

I love this color combo and I am sure to use it again!  And I am proud to be 3 scraps less!!!

Thanks for dropping in.  Thanks to those who take the time to leave comments.  I love to read them and they always make me feel good!! 

Have a great day!
Donelda

4 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

This is the most beautiful card I've seen in days. I love everything about this card. I am trying to figure out what to do with my image and I am sure you already have a card made for our challenge but not me. I'll be ready come Sat. tho.

Lindsey said...

You are right... this is a lovely colour combo! Such a pretty card, too.

Juanita said...

What a beautiful card. It so different from what we normally see from you, but I love it.

Imke said...

Donelda, this is so lovely ! I LOVE theses colors together and all the little details are fantastic !