Saturday, February 5, 2011

Linda's Challenge #2

Hello and welcome to Linda and my 2nd challenge to use the same image to create a card.  You can see the results of our first challenge HERE

Today's card uses this awesome lighthouse image from Cornish Heritage Farms (sadly it is retired and this company is no longer!!) 

To create the card I started out making that interesting background with scrap pieces of designer paper.  I then used my Labels 2 (Nestabilities) to cut it out.  Then, I stamped the lighthouse image and cut it out with an oval die (Nestabilities) and colored it in using my inks and a watercolor brush.   Some crochet yarn and a small sentiment tag (Mixed Messages, Papertrey Ink) and this clean and simple card is finished! 

This style that I used is quite a bit different than Linda's typical beauties!!  I can't wait to pop over to Linda's blog and see what she did with this image

Thanks for dropping in.
Donelda


4 comments:

Kathy said...

Stunning background, looks like a homey quilt. Beautiful image and colored so beautifully. Great card.

Linda Palmer said...

Wow! This is beautiful. I love the quilted background and the fact that you watercolored the image. Fabulous card and it was so much fun doing this. I love your card. I need to go back and relink to this card. I almost forgot.

Imke said...

Donelda , your card ROCKS !! I LOVE the Spellbinder scraps background. Very, very stylish and your coloring of the lighthouse fits perfect.

It´s so interesting how different your cards are. But both very , very pretty !!

Angela said...

Wow, that background you created rocks!