Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rainbow Card Set

These cards are made with the latest Papertrey Ink Anniversary stamp set.  Each year, PTI offers it's customers the option to receive a free stamp set (never to be sold) if you purchase so much from them.  I have recieved all 3 sets since PTI opened it's doors.  They are ususally great sets and this one is no exception.  Sadly, it did take a while to get it this year so the excitement of recieving it was pretty anticlimatic ... but regardless, it is a great set. 

For this card set of 4 I took some scrap white cardstock and colored strips of Copic marker colors to form a rainbow.  Then, I stamped the 4 circle images from the set using Jet Black ink from Ranger.  The effect is awesome.  Of course I had to cut the circles by hand because I don't have the right size circle punch ... sheesh!!  The background is created using one of the leaf images from Turning a New Leaf (Papertrey Ink) heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  You can see that there is a similar leaf image in the circle focal images so I thought it would go well.   Some simple sentiments (from 2009's anniversary set Simple Little Things) are stamped on white cardstock and adhered behind the circle images.   The photo I took of the other 2 cards was horrible so you'll just have to get the basic idea with this one photo.  LOL.

Thanks for dropping by my little corner of the www.  Have a great day.
Donelda

9 comments:

Juanita said...

So beautiful. The circle of color really pops off the page.
Love the clear embossed background {I just did something similar for the CAS challenge at Splitcoast}

Linda Palmer said...

Really pretty Doneldda. Everything you do is beautiful. I love those rainbow circles.

Imke said...

Donelda, this is so beautiful !! The rainbow circles give a fantastic contrast and the emobossed leaves in the back looks fabulous.

Lindsey said...

These are VERY pretty. It's hard to believe you both created that rainbow background AND handcut the circles! Nicely done.
I have to ask... do you place big orders with PTI to help offset the shipping charges north of the border?

Heather T said...

I love these. They are so pretty with the eyecatching rainbow circle and the co-ordinating background stamp.

Donelda said...

In response to your question Lindsey, yes, when I order from PTI I place big orders to make the shipping worth it!! Sadly, this will be the first year I don't receive the anniversary set :-( as I am on a spending diet!

Tee said...

Me likey the rainbow a lot..very pretty!

Naturally Me Creations said...

I love these cards with the embossed leaves! Lovely background paper. :)

Poker Strip said...

To speak on this question it is possible long.