Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Simply Less Is More Challenge #1 - Pink, Black, and White

Hi everyone.  Today was a bummer for me since I don't live in contentinal USA so I couldn't enter into the PTI draw.  So instead I decided to play along with a NEW challenge blog.  Mandi and Chrissy have started the Simply Less Is More challenge blog.  This week's challenge #1 is a color challenge: Pink, Black, and White!  I thought all night of what I could do ... and then did something totally different this morning before leaving for work.

Here is my Clean and Simple card.  The butterfly is from the Hero Arts set called Antique Engravings and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's 2010 anniversary set called Round and Round. 

The pink paper is from Stampin' Up (can't recall the name) but I realized that one of my few Copic markers (YR00 Powder Pink) is the perfect match so I used it to color in my butterfly. 

A real Clean and Simple card for a real clean and simple friend??!!  :-)   Off to see what everyone else did with this color combo!!

Donelda

17 comments:

Debby said...

Love your butterfly Stamp! Great card!

Chrissie said...

I'm SO glad you joined in with our very first challenge with this fabulous card.
The balance is perfect and I love both image and that great sentiment. I find the juxtaposition of script and block capitals most pleasing!
Do join us again next week, we'd love to see more of your beautiful work!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Deborah Frings said...

This is lovely - a great shade of pink!!

Loli said...

Hello Donelda, thak you for your comment:D, your card is beautiful, really clean and simple.
Regards From Palma de Mallorca Spain

Lynne said...

Very pretty card. I love butterflies.
Lynne xxx

Sarn said...

Hi Donelda. You've made a beautiful CAS card and I LOL at your comment about thinking about it all night and then doing something completely different in the morning! Something I'd do too!

Imke said...

Hi Donelda, beautiful CAS Card - as always !!
What a pity that i live in Germany- i could not join also :-(

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Fabulous CAS card and fab image. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

Wishcraft said...

Perfect CAS card, love the butterfly and sentiment, and the pretty soft pink :o) Lisa x

Juanita said...

What elegance!

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card. Love the butterfly and the soft c0lors of pink and blue.

Sally H said...

That is stunning! I love that butterfly. Must get mine out for a stamping!

Mandi said...

Such a lovely soft pink, Donelda Great layout
Thank you for joining us for our first challenge, hope you join us again on Saturday
mandi
"Less is More"

Sue said...

oh wow,this is simply stunning.... i love it:)

thank you for visiting my blog

sue
xx

Heather T said...

Simple and elegant, Donelda. The rounded corners are perfect with the butterfly wings.

Lindsey said...

How very pretty! Love the colours and the butterfly.

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP!!! This one is beautiful!