Thursday, February 17, 2011

You Rock!

I Love this stamp set from Stampendous.  It is called Rock Out and perfect for a mom of a guitar player. In fact, this is exactly what my sons guitar looks like.  I stamped the image onto the white cardstock and then colored the black portion using my black Copic marker.  I added some silver with my silver Sukura pen and then covered the main part of the guitar with glossy accents.  It looks so cool in real life (sadly doesn't really show the shine in this photo). 

I stamped the rest of the white panel with some stamps from t!m holtz's Bitty Grunge (Stampers Anonymous) set and the stars are from the addition set to Out on a Limb (Papertrey Ink).  I added a bit of silver dry embossed metal (actually it is a piece of coke can, cut, cleaned, and then run through my Cuttlebug with the Distressed Stripes folder).   As well, I added the star that I hand cut from a pair of old jeans and then sewed around the edges with my sewing machine.  The whole lot got adhered to a Kraft card base.

I think it rocks!!  Can't wait to give this to my wonderful son ... a card to let him know how much I think of him!! 

Edited to add:  This post has recently been added to the Going Green Crafters and Artists site.  You can check it out HERE!

Have a great day!
Donelda

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

This card totally rocks! I can't believe that awesome metal panel is... a Coke can! Brilliant.

Linda Palmer said...

You are right, this card Totally Rocks! I love everything you did. I would never think to run a coke can thru an embossing machine. Great job!!!! You Totallty Rock too!

Naturally Me Creations said...

What a good idea, i've never thought of useing old clothing on a card in this way before... :D

Imke said...

Donelda, you are so creative to use all the "old" things. Your card really ROCKS !!

Anonymous said...

Love the jean star, wicked card!