Saturday, February 19, 2011

Monthly Image Challenge Swap - Linda's Image - Feb

Well, Linda and I are at it again and this time we have invited a bunch of friends!!  Linda mailed this adorable Tilda image out to all of us and then we created our own version of the cards.  I was able to take a peek at some of the others' cards and decided that I wanted to create something really different from everything  that the other very talented ladies had done. 

Here is my first card.  I colored it using my Prisma Pencilcolors.  And I attempted to make it a SEPIA colored card.   And then, I decided to go with my clean and simple style!  I was tempted to add some of those lovely flowers like everyone else did ... but I am sure that mine would pale in comparison so I just added some lace along the bottom and a small thin strip of satin ribbon. 


Here's a little close up of the coloring.  Remember you can click on the image to make it a bit bigger if you'd like.  








And of course I couldn't just stop there ... I had to create a second card (thank goodness Linda sent a few images!).  This time, I created a card that is a bit more typically "Tilda" :-)

I colored this Tilda with my Copic markers (I have so few so I just make do with what I have!).   I wanted this Tilda to look like she was peeking out, so I cut it down and added a piece of this seam binding ribbon.  Last night I spritzed it with some Gimmer Mist (Tattered Angels) in Electric Blue and Shimmer Silver and then squanched it all up to dry!! 

The rest of the card is pretty straight forward! 

Well, there you have it!!  If you are interested in seeing everyone's final cards you can go HERE where they are all together!  This is so much fun.  And the best part is that we are doing it again ... every month for the next year!!  Can't wait to recieve my next image so we can see how different everyone's card ends up!!!

Thanks for dropping in!  Have a great rest of your weekend!
Donelda

6 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Both of your cards are awesome. I love your coloring. You did a beautiful job on both of your cards. Gorgeous coloring.

Joanna M. said...

I really like the sepia one Donelda ... what a fantastic idea.

Unknown said...

I love both of them..You did a beautiful job on both.

Lindsey said...

Such a fun way to challenge each other! Beautiful colouring on both cards.

Tee said...

This is such a nice idea..sending images and seeing the different things you can create..I loved both your cards..both are so different and yet both retain that CAS element..

Anonymous said...

These are freakin' darling!! Love both of them!