Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Stamping with Markers Challenge - Moxie Fab

Hi fellow card makers (and anyone else who enjoys visiting my little corner of the www!).  Today I am playing along with the Moxie Fab challenge of Stamping with Markers!   I decided to try something fun.

Are you wondering how I got these colors onto a piece of black cardstock?  It's easy, let me tell you how to do it!   First, adhere your black cardstock with non-permanent adhesive to your work surface. We do not want it moving around.  Then, using a stamp positioning system (I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig), stamp your solid image (this one is from smARTworks) onto the black cardstock using a white or vanilla ink (I used Vintage Cream by Papertrey Ink).  Make sure you leave the Stamp-a-ma-jig in the same place!!  You can stamp again with more of that ink color to make it bright!  I stamped my image twice.  Make sure you clean your stamp well at this point.  Next the fun part.  Using your markers, color directly onto your stamp, layering colors and laying on as much color as you can.  Then, spray a light mist of water over top of the inked up stamp.  Be careful here ...not too much and not too little water!  (You might need to experiment a bit with this before trying it on your black cardstock)  Then, simply stamp the colors on top of the white image (it will be easy because you have left the cardstock and Stamp-a-ma-jig in the same place.  You can keep coloring and stamping various times until the color is how you like it.  I colored, spritzed, and stamped the marker colors 3 times to get this vibrant color!!  I used 4 markers: Summer Sun, Garden Green, Cameo Coral, and Ruby Red (all Stampin' Up!). 
What a great and different way to Stamp with Markers!!

To finish the card, I adhered a Vellum Sentiment Strip (the current Make It Monday challenge over on Nichole Heady's blog) with the sentiment (from Through the Trees, Papertrey Ink), sewed around a piece of designer paper (from Stella Rose 6x6, My Minds Eye), and popped up the focal image.  All of this was added to a white card base.  It is pretty Clean and Simple, one of my favorite styles these days!!

I can't wait to see what everyone else did with markers.  Hopping over to Moxie Fab to see.
Thanks for dropping in!

Donelda

4 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card. I love this idea of stamping on black. Will have to give it a try sometime. Love the bright flower and the added touch of sewing.

Banu said...

WOW Donelda...This is just superb..A truly moxie fab card. Loved it. Have to give it a try.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Donelda! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Markers challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Princess said...

Love your black magic fun! I've seen this technique with colored pencils...I'm going to have to try it with markers.

I adore your colors. The layout is clan yet thoughtful. Love your card.

Glad you particpated in Moxie Fab coloring contest so I could find your blog.