Saturday, February 19, 2011

Papertrey Ink - Make It Monday #2 - Vellum Sentiment Strip

I finally had time to create my card for this week's Make It Monday #2, Papertrey Ink's newest challenge!This week we were to create a vellum sentiment strip.  I decided to pull out Garden Of Life since it is an all time favorite of mine and I haven't used it for a while! 
 
I started out stamping the solid rose with Sweet Blush and then the outline with Hibiscus Burst.  I then layered the Aqua colored vellum over the bottom of the flowers and added the sentiment with white embossing powder (Spiral Bouquet stamp set). 

I had just dried a piece of seam binding that I had spritz with some Glimmer Mist (Electric Blue and Silver Sugar) and noticed how well it went with the vellum.  Tied it in a bow and added it on top.  Then, some aqua rhinstones for some bling and shine. 

I love the look of the vellum strip as you can still see the flowers behind it!  A great way to add a sentiment but not loose the stamping or designer paper in behind! 

Off to see what everyone else did with this challenge.
Donelda

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a gorgeous combination of image, layout and colours!

Tee said...

Love the image and the colors you chose are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

The teal ribbon and bling are a perfect touch on this!