Saturday, February 19, 2011

Papertrey Ink - Make It Monday #2 - Vellum Sentiment Strip

I finally had time to create my card for this week's Make It Monday #2, Papertrey Ink's newest challenge!This week we were to create a vellum sentiment strip.  I decided to pull out Garden Of Life since it is an all time favorite of mine and I haven't used it for a while! 
 
I started out stamping the solid rose with Sweet Blush and then the outline with Hibiscus Burst.  I then layered the Aqua colored vellum over the bottom of the flowers and added the sentiment with white embossing powder (Spiral Bouquet stamp set). 

I had just dried a piece of seam binding that I had spritz with some Glimmer Mist (Electric Blue and Silver Sugar) and noticed how well it went with the vellum.  Tied it in a bow and added it on top.  Then, some aqua rhinstones for some bling and shine. 

I love the look of the vellum strip as you can still see the flowers behind it!  A great way to add a sentiment but not loose the stamping or designer paper in behind! 

Off to see what everyone else did with this challenge.
Donelda

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a gorgeous combination of image, layout and colours!

Tejal said...

Love the image and the colors you chose are fabulous!

Deb (dcorder) said...

Beautiful!

Wendy said...

The teal ribbon and bling are a perfect touch on this!