Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Inchie Nuts About You

Happy Groundhog Day.  I don't actually own a groundhog stamp so I thought this squirrel was pretty close.
This cute little squirrel is from the retired Stampin' Up! set called Wildlife Reserve.   The card ended up being very Clean and Simple. 
I stamped the squirrel and then colored him with my Copics and colored pencils (Prismacolor).  Then I punched him out with a one inch square.  Next, I punched out 4 other 1" squares and colored 3 of them in with 3 of the Copic colors I had used to color in the squirrel (a pale blue, clay, and light brown).  I left one of the squares white.  Lined the squares up on the card.  The 4 colored squares are adhered directly to the card and the squirrel is popped up on dimensionals.  I added the sentiment (smARTworks) but now that this is posted I see it is a bit crooked.  Drat, I even used my Stamp-a-ma-jig and everything .. grrrrr! 

Drop back in on Friday to find out what image Linda and I decided to use for our second challenge!!!  

Have a great day!
Donelda

3 comments:

Juanita said...

This is too cute.
Your scrap pile is getting smaller and smaller.

Lindsey said...

I don't think squirrels or groundhogs will be seeing many shadows today, at least not in the eastern half of the country! This is really cute. What a great idea to colour the squares with the Copics you used to colour the squirrel.

Linda Palmer said...

This is such a cute card. Love it and your layout for it is great. You do such a great job on CAS cards.