Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines

Eeek, how did the days leading up to Valentine's get away from me.  I guess it is because we were really busy.  Anyway, here are a bunch of valentines I created.  Almost all of them use images and elements that come from my scrap bins!!
This squirrel image is from smARTworks. 



 This growing plant is also from smARTworks. And see the hearts on the brown piece of cardstock, they are embossed with clear embossing powder.


 

This grid card was tons of fun to create.  The heart image is an old one from Stampin' Up!  I had stamped off about a hundred of them a number of years ago so I decided to use a bunch up.  Cut 9 out and sponged around the edges with tea dye distress ink.  then I adhered them to 9 squares of white cardstock that were stamped with text using more tea dye distress ink.  

                                                                                                       
  This next card was also a scrap card... I used up this cardboard heart shape that I had stamped up last year!  Added a few strips of brown cardstocks and did a bit of faux stitching.  I think you could use this card for either a masculine or a feminine card. 




This next card was lots of fun to make.  The sponged piece was also sitting in my scrap bin waiting to be used.  It had been created using a t!m holtz mask.  I simply added the sentiment, white silk ribbon, and glitter butterfly.   

  I love this very Clean and Simple card!  Just colored the crayon image with red watercolor pencil crayons and then, using a real red crayon, wrote on my sentiment!! 


The main panel on this last card was something I created a few years ago, a decorated paper bag - and now I am "repurposing" it for a card. I strategically cut the branches and words to fit a card front, added some brown cardstock along the top and bottom as well as some lovely brown ribbon. Added it all to a card base and, voila, new life!!


I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!! 
Donelda

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Donelda, all these are terrific! I really like all of them, but I can see a CASE of that heart grid card in my future!

Juanita said...

There is no way I could pick a favorite out of these selections. They are all so clean and fresh looking.
I love how your card-making mind works. It is such a breath of fresh air to pop over here and see what you have going on.

Linda Palmer said...

They are all beautiful. My favorites all have some pink in them. Great ideas and cards,

Imke said...

Donelda, you are a busy bee, hm ? All cards are fabulous !! I like the CAS STyle as always. Very pretty !!

Angela said...

These are awesome! Great way to use up those scraps; I know I have way too many of those lying around....