Sunday, February 27, 2011

Clean and Simple (CAS) 107 - Make Your Own Background

The Clean and Simple #107 this week was a very intersting one ... make your own background.  I thought lots about my options and decided to go with a ink direct to paper technique. 

Using my Color Q inks (Hero Arts) I swiped 2 colors of blue, green, and yellow inks across a piece of white cardstock.  Then I stamped over them (Rustic Branches, Birds of a Feather, Out on a Limb sets, all from Papertrey Ink) in Chocolate Chip ink (SU!).

I kept the card very Clean and Simple to keep the focus on the background.  Just a few brads and dimensional foam tape. 
                                                     
Thanks to all of those who leave comments.  I appreciate it so much!

Donelda

5 comments:

Vickie Y said...

WOW! I love it! The background is perfect for the image. Great card.

Linda Palmer said...

What a beautiful background! It is perfect for this image. I really like this card. Great idea!

Unknown said...

I likeee..very pretty background and the image does go nicely with it.

Angela said...

Beautifully done! That background looks so soft...love the muted look and the colors you chose.

Lindsey said...

This is so pretty! The background works so well with your silhouette images.