Thursday, December 15, 2011

Moxie Fab World - Fashion Challenge - Thinking of You Brooch

I wanted to play along with this challenge from Moxie Fab World ... but can you believe that I do not own any houndstooth paper or stamps!!  I looked thinking surely I have something ... but no I have nothing!  So I had to improvise.


I focused on the green (although a much yellow-er green than the color in the inspiration photo) and the brooch....


I added a pattern similar to houndstooth on my green designer paper using Versamark ink.  I kept the rest of the card clean and simple to focus on the embellishment and sentiment.  I stamped the bird image (Memory Box) and then cut out the paper to be just smaller than the frame.  Once the image was adhered, I filled the frame with Glossy Accents to mimic a brooch.

I adore that cream coloured lace below the sentiment strip ... found it at the Dollar Store for "a dollar!".

Okay, so that was a stretch for me .. but fun just the same!!
Thanks for dropping by.
Donelda

3 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card. Love the touch of lace. I love the metal piece with the bird too!

marilynprestonn said...

Awesome little inspiring shirt too. I love Moxie fab's challenges and your card with hte beautiful red bird charm is perfect. Love this one too. :)Peggy

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Donelda! Thanks for linking this up to the Get Inspired by Fashion Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)