Wednesday, December 14, 2011

One Layer Wednesday (OLW) #73 and CASual Friday #31 - Peaceful Mist

I love it when a see a card making challenge and an idea instantly pops into my head!  and it is even better when I see a second challenge and know that the idea will totally fit for both challenges!! 

This weeks One Layer Wednesday #73 is to make a card that says peace to us - I instantly thought of a blue sky with puffy white clouds.  Then, the CASual Friday Challenge #31 was to use mists ... well that would totally work!!



Here is my card ...


A nice blue sky with fluffy white clouds floating by ... now that is peaceful!!  As you can see, I really need a bit more practice with the mists.  These are ones from Tattered Angels.  It is mostly blue and I did a bit of pink in the top left corner ... like it is dawn or dusk. 


And I thought this sentiment was a bit appropriate!! 

Off to see all the other projects!

9 comments:

khushifairy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan Raihala said...

Oh, my goodness! Donelda, this is soooo peaceful! And you used the mists beautifully...I get giant splotches every time and just can't be satisfied with them, but you totally rocked them!!!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous misting!! Love love the colors! So glad that you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

What a gorgeous sky you've created! Just lovely and your sentiment is perfect :) Thanks for getting misty with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

kingstonmama said...

Your sky is beautiful! I love the little touch of pink mist. Ann

Susan said...

Donelda, your misting looks great to me. Every time I try it, I get globs of it everywhere! LOVE the sentiment you used...beautiful!

Laura Davis said...

Stunning!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Mynn xx said...

Oh, I absolutely LOVE this! The misting is amazing, and that sentiment is perfect! :) Beautiful work!!!

marilynprestonn said...

Fine work my dear. Sentiment and mist all together. :)Peggy