Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas cards - Post 7

Today is finally Christmas Eve!  This is actually my favourite day of the year!  I love this day even more than Christmas.... because it's the anticipation that I love so much!! I love to watch my wonderful son getting excited, delivering gifts to his friends, having trouble falling asleep ... all of it is so special!  Tomorrow all the gifts get opened and then, all of a sudden, it's a whole year until we get to experience the anticipation of this day again. 

This card was made almost entirely from items sent to me from my most recent Secret Sister, Imke.  She was so sweet and die cut some of these wonderful PTI trees for me from felt.  She also sent me this increadible Martha Stewart punch!  And the paper was in a package from her as well!  It all came together to create such a lovely card.  Thanks again Imke!!


Here is a close up of the cardinal.  I sponged around the edges with some Fired Brick distress ink to give it added definition and allow the wing to stand out.


I hope you all have a very peaceful Christmas Eve spent with friends and family.  Thank you to everyone who has visited me here on my blog over this last year.  I appreciate your kind words about my work and your inspiration!  I will be taking a bit of a break over the next few days but will be back to share new creations soon!

Merry Christmas,
Donelda

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is beautiful. i love this color scheme...gorgeous card!!!

Imke said...

I know you'll make a beautiful card with the kit. The card is gorgeous and i like how you added the red cardinal. Really pretty !