Monday, December 5, 2011

Tuesday Morning Sketch #122 - Colour Splashed Lighthouse

I missed last week's Tuesday Morning Sketch so I decided I had to play along this week.  Cutting it kinda close - too close!! Turns out entries need to be uploaded by Sunday!!  LOL!!  Oh well ... here is the sketch...


... and here is my card:


I decided to 'interpret' the swirls as splashes of colour.  They were created with Distress Inks.  Then I took the same colours and a paint brush and watercoloured in soem parts of the lighthouse.  Love the loose look that I ended up with.


Had to attach a little shell in place of the bow ... a masculine card cannot have a bow but it can have a shell!!

Thanks for dropping by for a visit!
Donelda

5 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Oh Donelda, I'm sorry you missed this week's challenge but I am so happy that you played along anyway and shared. Your card is wonderful. I love the interpretation of the swirls. Such a nice card.

Lindsey said...

Ooh, I love that background you created -- gorgeous!

Linda Palmer said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the lighthouse image, but love even more how you put it all together. Great card.

Angela said...

Wow, I love your swirly splashes of color...this is fabulous!

Deb (dcorder) said...

OMG girl! You are rocking those backgrounds. Just love this!!